1. Question: Which of the following is not one of the 8 Elements of Religion?
2. Question: If the Divine is seen as being beyond space and time, it is:
3. Question: A technique that sets aside ordinary categories of analysis and makes use, instead, of unexpected perspectives on cultural elements is:
4. Question: The outsider’s view, which attempts to take as objective an approach as possible to the study of religion, is:
5. Question: The philosophical position that all apparently separate realities are ultimately one is called:
6. Question: Vishnu has ten major incarnations called:
7. Question: Which of the following is not one of the 5 castes of India?
8. Question: The physical postures and practices that we most associate with the term “yoga” are more accurately called:
9. Question: Written meditations on the spiritual essence of the universe and the self are called:
10. Question: The spiritual discipline of devotion to a deity or a teacher is called:
11. Question: The “royal” discipline of meditation is called:
12. Question: The Buddha of the Western Paradise is called:
13. Question: This term literally means impermanence:
14. Question: A term for the cycle of birth, old age, sickness, death, and rebirth:
15. Question: A sacred text that records the words of the Buddha is called a:
16. Question: The approach to Buddhism that rejects the personal quest for enlightenment, instead embracing the idea that enlightenment must be universally shared by all sentient beings is
17. Question: A book of sayings attributed to Confucius and his early disciples is the:
18. Question: The receptive aspect of reality that expresses itself in silence, darkness, and coolness is called:
19. Question: After the Bible, the “________” is the world’s most frequently translated book.
20. Question: The “second sage” of Confucianism was:
21. Question: Compare and contrast Sigmund Freud's theory about the origin of religions with William James's theory. How does each of these psychologists view religion (positively or negatively)? Now analyze how the insights of Freud orJames might illuminate one of the religious traditions we have studied so far. How would Freud or James understand that tradition? Use specific examples to support your answer (e.g., a specific belief or ritual).
Trusted by students worldwide
Over the past month, 21,189 students have bought study materials through Stuvia.
Immediately available, always accessible
Your summaries are immediately downloadable after purchase, wherever and whenever you study, in both digital and hardcopy formats.
100% money back guarantee
Is your purchase not to your liking? Then you will be refunded for the entire amount, as Stuvia credit.
Safe & Protected transactions
Pay with trusted payment options like SiD Instant EFT, or your Credit or Debit Card. Payments are handled through a secure TLS-Connection so your information is always well protected.
Avoid resits and achieve higher grades with the best study notes written by your fellow students.
With summaries written by fellow students, you are guaranteed to be properly prepared for your exams. Over 250,000 specific summaries are at your disposal. Your fellow students know exactly where the pitfalls lie and what the key elements will be to your success in that module. With their assistance, you can become well prepared and can avoid having to retake exams.
Get better grades
Thanks to the summaries written by fellow students specifically for your course and its modules, you will never miss a trick when it comes to your exams. No generic book summaries, but the specific content you need to ace your exams.
Earn while you study
Have you written lots of lecture summaries or notes? Earn hundreds of pounds each month by selling your written material to your fellow students. Last year students earned over R 8.000.000 from selling their work to other students.